AR 850 new tank cant keep temp stable

fevzi

I am new to this I bought a new tank aqua one ar850, I set it up a week ago and just put new fish in it freshwater tropical.

I am having problems keeping the temperature down, inside room temp is 23degrees celsius and tank temperature hovers around 27.5 - 29.5. The heater is is turned off not connected and i have been putting ice packs in water to lower temp. I am a bit concerned i am on holidays at the moment but when i start back to work next week i will not be here during the day to moniter it.

I have raised the tank hood tonight and i think it has helped just wondering if anyone can suggest a fix

I wouldn't worry too much, most fish won't be hugely bothered by 29° Though, if I remember right those tanks lids are pretty poorly ventilated. If you leave part of the lid off to increase the circulation that should help let some of the heat from the lights out.

I a digital, glass & infra red thermometer yhats three in total, they all cant be inaccurate. This morning i checked the tank and temp is 26.7 room temp is 23 celsius I think i have to work out how i can increase ventillation in top of tank ?

I just leave the lid on my AR850 open during the day, there is very little ventilation and with the 3 lights on it does create a lot of heat.

If you worried about fish jumping out you could drape some net curtain over the opening. Make sure the filter is pushed right to the back and the light is sitting right forward which should leave a small gap in between for some airflow. Is it filled to the bottom line of the black surround ? (so you can't see a water line from the outside.)

I have only left the lid up for about 4 days so far this year but will have to when the real summer arrives.