Jebo Filtration

Doubie

Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction...Have just bought a Jebo R219 aquarium and all instructions are in chinese. Does anyone have any ideas on how to set up (in hood system)? I am new back into the fishkeeping biz and these weren't around 20 year ago :roll:

I was supplied filter wool and nylon 'scourer pad' material and a plastic grate system. I imagine that these are like noodles and bio balls in that they will harbour the bacteria as water trickles over them? From the pictures I have, it seems that there is an intake that lifts water into the lid and through this medium and then it exits via a spray bar system onto this media and then back to the tank via a (approx) 50mm hole at the other end. What order should the above media go into the filter and is there anything else I should add to this to improve what is supplied 'standard'.

So many questions...... :hail:

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Doubie

I have an Aqua One Ar980 tank, but the principal is the same. I have loaded the 3 available trays with eheim substrate and sometimes swap for a mix of substrate and carbon in 1 tray. As I also run an eheim 2213 I don't put carbon in the top any more.

I use cheap filter wool cut to size on top of the substrate, and use the standard coarse filter pads on top. The spray bar unloads on top of this.

As the little plastic stopper on the end of the spray bar was becoming harder to get off each time to clean, I added a 4" extension made from clear pipe that conveniently takes the end of the spray bar with a push fit. I blocked the end with a cap and silicone, and made 3 holes that are double the size of the holes in the spray bar. I found this encouraged the larger debris to clog the big holes first and extend the cleaning cycle to max 2 weeks (not always). When more than 50% of the spray bar holes become clogged, I simply pull the extension off with everything still running, and this allows all the debris in the pipe to rush out. Make sure you place an extra filter media to catch the goods. Every 3 weeks aprox I will remove and clean the bar properly and clean and replace the filter wool/pads.

Good Luck

Darryl