Catfish breeders

Derek

I would be interested in contacting anyone in New Zealand who is actively breeding catfish. My main interest is in Corydoras and members of the Loricariidae family. I am presently trying to breed L134 and a Rhinelricaria spp. as well as getting Parotocinclus spilosoma to rebreed again.

• 1 month later...

HI Derek, I am not currently breeding Corys but fully intend to when I can find what I want. I am after either of the following

Cory schwartzi

Cory haraldschultzi

Cory julli

Or Something just as SPECTACULAR :grin:

I would prefer 3 males and 2 females so if any one has some of these for sale please contact me

Thanks

Bruce

[ This message was edited by: Bruce on 2001-06-09 01:42 ]

Hi Bruce,

I have a pair of C. haraldschultzi but have not attempted to bred them yet. I do have plenty of young C.sterbai however. They are very similar to C. haraldschultzi. The main difference being that, in the head area, C.haraldschultzi have grey spots on a white background and C. sterbai have white spots on a grey background. Otherwise they both have the orange pectoral spines etc. C.haraldschultzi appears to be slightly larger and has a slightly more elongated nose.

Let me know if you want some. They are $8-00 each.

Derek

Hi Derek

That would be fantastic, a beautiful looking fish, Would five be ok?

Would just need to sort out postage...hmm can you put a 40cent stamp on them and post them...maybee not

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Bruce

• 6 months later...

Hi Derek,

Know you posted this a while ago but found the following article on breeding Rineloricaria and thought you may be interested :

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworl ... caria_sp(1).htm

Just arrived in NZ and was wondering if you knew of any reliable fish shops to get a good selection of catfish as I am crazy about them.

You probably know about planet catfish but if not look around the site as it is the most complete reference on catfish I have found on the web

cheers

Robin

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i have 7 spieces of corys here at the mo.

i am not breeding any at the mo as im have just started with killies

i am hoping to have some luck with those first!

down here in the south we have to pay $20 for special corys

for instance $18 for a panda, $22 for a sterbai

• 4 months later...

I want my Albino Cories to stop. I made a new 120 ltr tank and got about 10 large Albino cats. One of the females seems never to stop laying. Every few weeks or so another load comes out all over the community Tank where the other cat's have a great time removing them to eat. I have no interest in breeding them as I have tons already. Wish the Discus were as easy :evil:

hey dude dont worry if she keeps laying if the other fish are eating

the eggs up. its a source off food for them, discus need warmer water for them to breed, the hardest part of breeding discus is getting a pair

hope this helps

I have got a beautiful pair of Discus from an ex breeder here in Wgtn. My tank is almost exclusively Dehumidifier and rain water and kept at 27-28ish. I am still trying to figure out how to get pix of my tank so it can be viewed.