getting out eggs

James

Hi I've currently been in the middle of trying to strip a female zebra, I followed the proceders in another post of using the paper clip. the fish is only about 3 inches, i put the paper clip about an inch into her mouth and but nothing came out. she's been holding for about 2 1/2 weeks. when nothing came out I put the paper clip inside her mouth again and I saw about half a dozen fruit salad pepples in her mouth, after getting one of the pepples out she started bleeding so I put her back in the tank and came here to ask the question.

To my Knowlege your not supposed to put the clip in her mouth, the end is very sharp, and will pierce there flesh very easily. Your supposed to move the fish backwards and forwards while her mouth is open to remove the egg or fry (while in the water). 3inches i s abit small. If it was me rather than stabbing her in the throat, and stressing her like you are. I would leave her be.

Shae

yeah I thought so but when I did that nothing came out and all I could see in her mouth were the pebbles. However, now she's had a good feed and now her mate is breeding with one of the males. Would it be possible that the female thought that the pebbles were her eggs?