G'day to you all

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

I am a killie keeper from Canberra Australia. Recently (Sept 05) we have formed CKSG (Canberra Killifish Study Group) in a hope to promote killifish keeping and preserve species we have in Canberra. We share the similar sort of dificulties with you in Australia in availability of species and preserving what is already here.

Check out our fledgeling website at http://www.akvaryumhobisi.com/CKSG

It's nice to meet you all informally through your posts.

Cheers,

Serkan

Hi Kyle,

The species list of CKSG only includes species we have in Canberra.

I have N.palmqvisti fry growing but I won't "count my chickens before they hatched" so I'll wait until they sex out to list it in the list.

As far as I know it is the only Notho in Australia.

We have whitei & constanciae in Australia apparently!!! But haven't seen them for a while myself.

We seem to do well with Aphyosemions as some of our members like the group more than the others and they seem to do well in our water in Canberra.

Also only Aphyosemion, Epiplatys and Aplocheilus are on our allowable import list therefore we tend to get some of them in if we are lucky!!! ~2new species a year or so.

Cheers,

Serkan

Martin said...

> wow Andy is still alive 2

Yep, still here. Keeping a low profile but still have a few fish and am making an effort to get back into breeding a few species. We'll see what happens.

> ... thanks for the scheeli

No worries. Always keen to share.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Wow another AUNZZA relic :lol:

Well my neck of the woods is deadly silent! That does not mean there aren't any creatures in these woods!!! It is just that they are very very silent :roll:

Quite a few people who were very keen 5-6 years ago just dissapeared, some started keeping other things (bettas!!!) or just turned very silent.

As usual the SKG (Sydney Killie Group) is going strong though.

I am trying to revive what's going on in Canberra and increased the species I keep to 13 with another couple in the pipeline. I am happy to say all 12 are producing eggs and fry, and the 13th PAL is growing nicely should sex out in a week or so.

I hope to have at least 4 people in Canberra keeping each one of the species to ensure they are here to stay.