fish to eat algae

flash_liam

Hiya,

I've got a couple of bristlenoses in one of my 3ft tanks but they don't seem to be able to keep up with the algae. I don't think the tank has an algae problem, they just don't seem to be eating enough of it. I've had Chinese Algae Eaters in the past (and my brother has one) and they were a lot more effective at keeping the algae under control.

If I get a Chinese Algae Eater for this tank are they going to give the Bristlenoses a hard time? (I know they can be quite agressive) Or maybe there is a better fish for cleaning up the algae?

:D

Liam.

you could get black line flying foxes, not only do they eat most algae but the also look very cool and have a interesting swimming style. But i find mine also love to eat the other fishes food so are to fat to eat the algae in my tank

:lol:

A smaller fish which are great algae eaters are Ottocinclus.These little guys really love to eat algae and don't eat much else except for veg and algae wafers, I would recommend getting a few of them.