Start of Helifax's Tank (lots of pictures)

HelifaxNZ

I did try using 2 durso configuration at the back, but found it was too noisy so I changed to one, BUT the other one where you have the L shape pipe pointing down, I have this pointing up, which means IF the main durso pipe gets blocked, the second one will be like a drain pipe! Had tested it out and it works really well and you have piece of mind too! :lol:

If you have a look at the first picture of the main tank, you can just see the configuration.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on my tank.

Since I'm using RO the diatoms have reduced, but also I'm using Rowa-Phosphate remover which is helping too. I think I'm starting to get green algae growing!

Last week I finally got some live stock....

A couple of Ocellaris Clown Fish.

P1200357.JPG

And a Cleaner Shrimp. Which recently shed.

P1200359.JPG

P1200367.JPG

I now have an Acro frag with thanks to Sharkey. Not sure what type it is so any help would be greatful.

P1210370.JPG

And thanks to Brianemone for this great specimen of Blasto! It now looks better than this photo, so really healthy specimen.

P1210372.JPG

And a sideview of the tank...

P1210375.JPG

Yeah, and guess what, this was taken with my old 1.3megapix camera I've had for years. Olympus C960 I think. Waiting on a macro lens for my new DSLR.

[Free Tip] If you save the picture onto your computer, go into the Properties and then press the Summary tab and this will give you a breakdown of all the cameras settings and what camera took that photo. Gives you hints and ideas to try with your shots.

Actually I don't know what it is. Cookie said it looked like a Montipora Digitata. Are you able to confirm?

Are you sure the photo called 'my new acro' is in fact an acro? Looks like a monti to me.

we are all right!! :bounce:

Family acroporidae

includes acropora, montipora, anacropora, astreopora

its just that most reefers call acropora acro's and montipora monti's. :wink:

• 1 month later...