Start of Helifax's Tank (lots of pictures)

HelifaxNZ

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the size 20mm 25$ 25mm37$ you might be able to get them cheaper if you got some good contacts got these from Mico Plumbing

but they got them from Asmuss Plastic Systems LTD

34 ARRENWAY DRIVE, NORTH HARBOUR

Phone 094772320

www.plasticsystems.co.nz

they are more expensive to buy through plastic systems than through mico - even though plastic systems supply mico :D already been there done that, ask for trade price through mico. if you are going to mico in tawa drive (just down from plastic systems) ask for duncan, he'll sort ya out! be aware that even though plastic systems have almost every type of plumbing part imagineable (its a BIG warehose full of goodies) they didnt have plumbing with yank threads :( so if you are getting anything from usa with usa threads on it, make sure you get your extra plumbing parts from there too!!!

I sell them :D

Check under Commercial Trade.

I've decided just to keep with the ones I have for now, even though it is harder to switch off. I plan not to use them that often once my system is running. How often do you guys use the valves?

I find the stiffer valves are better as they stay stable...especially for my overflow design. it is critical they dont move.

Ok, I've finished building my tank with plumbing. I know the plumbing is not the best, but you have to work with what you've got and what you're allowed to do! :roll: But overall I'm quite happy with it.

My Biostar Flotor skimmer is coming and that will be in the sump. The online shop I ordered it from sent me the wrong one :cry:

And I will be getting the Atman lighting from Ben very soon, I hope :bow:

Here's the pics...

maintankwithlid.JPG

Back view of the plumbing...

backview.JPG

sideview.JPG

View of the sump. There is plastic tubing at the end of the Hansens. They hadn't been put on when I took this photo...

sumpview.JPG

May have to go down to the beach this weekend to get some NSW and see how my setup runs. :D

Ok, I'll test with fresh water first.

It's actually the end of a long bench. It has the leg in the front, a V bracket at the back and sitting to the left is a filing cabinet underneath which will help support it. I may have a photo of the whole setup and you will probably see the filing cabinet to the left.

take off the hoseclip, remove the pipe and place it in a jug of boiling water.

whilst hot push the pipe back on and crank the hoseclip VERY tight whilst soft.

will not leak after that....they are meant to be extremely tight.

Oohh...and you want 2 x clips for each connection...one to back up the first one. for the sake of 4 bucks its worth it, trust me.

Done and working perfectly. Thanks for your help. Problem now is that the Eheim 1250 is not powerful enough!!! I need to upgrade already!!! :evil:

Looks like I might need an Eheim 1262 but it's 80watts. Are there any other decent pumps that are cheaper and uses less watts?

the law of physics states that 8000liters per hour, (or other litre per hour pumps), will require certain energy sources.

there may be minor differences in wattage for similarly powered pumps , but who cares......get a eheim1262 or a big Laguna!

they rock!

:lol: