Guppys

azlin

I recently bought a little 16 inch tank for Guppy Breeding, which is currently home for 6 Guppies (2 male, 4 female)

Apon buying 3 females, i realised that ALL of them were Pregnant (YAY!), and i also moved one of my Guppies from the Community tank.

She seems disgusted by the Males, and tends to stay far away from them.

(Will soon be swapped with another Pregnant female in my community tank)

When the Females have their Fry, should i move all to Guppies out, or just the Males? I wasn't too sure whether the Mother would eat her own Fry or not (but it seems likely that they would).

Picture Time!

guppy0086jb.jpg

Running:

Small Jebo Bio-Filteration System

$20 Aquaclear 150Watt Heater (Last one Left, Total Bargain:))

I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Jack.

hi Jack,

it is best to remove all the other fish out. i suggest another tank solely for the babies. when a female are due to drop, her vent will be open. you then put her in the separated tank (baby tank) and let her drop in there.

Would a Breeding Net Suffice untill all the females have dropped?

Now this is odd...Of a night i turn my filter off, as it make a bit of noise and keeps me awake (next to my bed)..and somehow, one of the Males managed to swim in the top of the Filter and get stuck in there...He passed away...But i am interested in how he got in there, a can barely get my pinky in the top of it, and it was halfway down the filter...i have now put some mesh on the opening, but how on earth did hie manage to swim in there?