Expanding cichlid tank

pearlyred

Hi folks!

I've just moved my Cichlids into their new tank, and now want to get more fish! woohoo :P:P

Anyway, am just looking for ideas on what would be compatible.

Currently there is:

3 kribs

1 firemouth

1 giraffe hap

1 dwarf flag (curviceps)

4 giant danios

1 b/n.

I'd prefer to stick to the smaller, relatively peaceful cichlids. Im thinking maybe, cockatoo's when i find some, rams, and keyholes?

Would they all go ok in there, and are there any others you can recommend?

At the moment the tank is just dark sand with large stones, but im gonna put plants back in today, they survived well in the last tank with these fish.

Thanks muchly!

LS

first off get rid of the giraffe hap as he will gt way to big and eat all the othere fish and just wondring what is he doing i their?

Yeh i know, i bought it unknowingly from a LFS after i was told it would be ok. He's only small right now, (about 1.5") but he'll be moved once he starts growing.

And no anthony, i dont really want convicts :P

LS

Convicts are great fish... just try get hold of some sexable ones and get all females or something like that... we have all females in our malawi tank (they just went in there one day and havent come out.) and they are doing great and arent bothered or bother the malawis at all.

WAHOO! MORE FISH! :wink:

hehe! Good to see ya got a new tank for the Cichlids!

By the sounds of it, you want to stick to Dwarf Cichlids, not the medum sized ones.

In saying that, as been suggested, get rid of the Hap, (I have a home for it if you are going to!) and I reckon if you want to add things like Cockatoos and Rams, you MAY have to get rid of the Firemouth too. (I found they get alil 'snotty' as they get older? Could be juss my ones!)

The Keyholes should be fine, I have 4 in my Community Tank, and they are awesome!

Will have to come take a looksie at some stage!

Heh, you may have to wait a while, its pretty pathetic looking at the moment :P

Any other types of fishies that would go well and are available round here?

LS