1m x 40 x 40 rectangular tank

millenium 2000 filter + spare cartridge

visitherm 250w thermostat heater

large resin bell

bout $30 or so worth of gravel

sucky tube for gravel cleaning

bag of cichlid pellets

bag of cichlid pellet crumbs

3/4 full tub of JBL plecochips (full tub $38)

full bottle of JBL aquakal, and another of aquacid

2/3 full pH test kit

25l plastic jerry can for water

slightly used bottle of Malachite green

2 convicts (1 male 1 female)

2 ?blue zebras sex unknown

2 medium but still juvenile orange parrot cichlids, one which needs his face painting with malachite green once a day long term.

1 1ft long pleco (sex unknown)

$250 is pushing it, more like $150 I reckon....

See Greg (tanks2u) has more tanks up for sale on trademe, these tanks are very well built. Millenium filters are a bit overrated, Not sure about 2000, but 3000 is okay, but RRP of $199 is a joke, Aquaclear 70 leaves it for dead and is $65 new.

Yeah, $150 seems right in my little wee opinion.

Hiya Bluetom, always been interested in AC500 - I know poeple from USA forums (Fishindex) who swear by them, but always put it down to them being particularly cheap in the ole US of A. How do you find it? I have an AC200 (now called AC50), which I have been fairly happy with. Media size is better than an internal filter, and with cotton wool polishes water well, but of course falls well short of a decent cannister. Have been considering an AC300 (Now called AC70) as the flow rate is nice and high, and the filter area is quite large. But, its well short of the AC500.

Bottom line I guess, how can "I" get an AC500 for under NZ$100? Could you offer some tips?

Ahhh yes, the old "got $200 of stuff for $10 on trademe", or similar, experience. Have had a couple of these myself, wonderful aint they....Makes the joys of using nice equipment Even Nicer.

Hummingbird, If you sell me the lot for $20, you would have made a 100 percent profit. One Hundred Percent, an amazing achievement. (Have i convinced ya yet?) 8)