Living Waters in Tauranga

Benny

I liked this shop, it had a good range of tropical, marine and even a few brackish. They had a darn nice 'six bar something' I can't actually remember the name :oops: Dennis maybe you can help- it is quite large, is a plant eater and has bars similar to a borneo tiger and is in the large tank next to the counter with the larger oscars.

It was a six-barred distichodus Distichodus sexfasciatus which is a tetra from the congo river system or lake tanganyika. They grow to about 35cm and dont lose there colour when full grown. Will eat anything but plant matter can be prefered. Has a clown like behavior and will school with similar coloured fish, in my experience dosent like tiger barbs. Growth is resonable fast, also needs high O2 water. I have one in my discus tank and there is a pic of it in my photo albums, check it out to see if it is the same as the one you saw :D

yep that's the fish, the one I saw must have been only a juvenile. Thanks

I had a look at Hollywood fish farm aswell. I was up in the Bay of Plenty and Auckland region for a week, so I decided to have a look at some shops that I read about alot.