CO2

LYNDYLOO

Can anyone please tell me, what is the correct amount of CO2 that should be going into a 330L tank, I'm am using a pump filter 1000L/H, don't know if this makes any difference to how long the CO2 lasts for, I'm using the SERO CO2 unit with the fizzy tablets, I think these are fairly new on the market, any help would be great. :D

From

http://faq.thekrib.com/plant-co2.html

One can buy CO2 test kits that measure the actual level of CO2 in the water, but measuring the pH and counting the bubbles in the CO2 reactor works just about as well. It is best to start off by adding CO2 very slowly (about one to three bubbles per minute) and increasing the rate until a small, but measurable drop in pH is achieved. In my 30-gallon aquarium, I add one bubble of CO2 every three to four seconds to bring the pH from 7 to between 6 and 6.5. How much CO2 one needs to add varies from aquarium to aquarium and can depend on several factors: the size of the aquarium, how fast the plants are growing, the number of fish, how much food is decaying on the bottom, the buffering capacity of the water, the types of rock and gravel, and how well ventilated the surface of the water is. However, anything in the range of one bubble every two to fifteen seconds seems to work pretty well. Bubble size will vary with the diameter of the tubing. I am referring to the sort of bubbles that come out of the end of ordinary, one eighth inch inside diameter aquarium air tubing

Hi Suphew,

There's one slight problem, this CO2 unit doesn't have a bubble counter, this is a fairly new system I think,they are fizzy tablets that create a gas in a chamber and this gas slowly disperses though a special plastic difusser, I have just bought a CO2 test kit so maybe I will have abit more luck with that, Thanks Anyway Lynda :lol:

Did you read the front of the box or the instructions that came with the unit?

You may find it is designed for aquariums up 170liters.

I use them in my 165liter aquarium and the dose is 1 table everysecond day. I have a Co2 test kit but it does not register on this.

The holder contains 100ml of gas so not sure if you would need two and dose every second day or dose one tablet each day.

I experiment originally with the tablets in a coke bottle weighted in the tank and the hole was only big enough to get a pill in. The gas only lasted about 2 hours. In the proper container the gas last 6 hours. interesting!

My tank is an Ar850 so the water is sprayed out into the filter on top and cascades back into the tank so plenty of oppurtunity for the gase to come out. My plants do like the tablets they are looking good especially with the water consantly cascading. $13 for 20 pills = 40 days of treatment. I prefer this to DIY CO2 as it is more consistant and alot less maintainence.

Cheers I will tell you about my findings of soda stream one day and the troubles I had.