What type of goldfish is "Hoody"?

Phillz

I notice one of the goldfish in the outside pond floating.....so fished him out. Notice 2 other goldfish MIA......so I scooped the other 2 out and put them in a 3ft tank.

The larger fish was taken from a farm trough which was full of Oxyweed.

This is her/him now........what do you think it is? he/ she has a hood (hence the name), and a fatter body.....totally different looking from the other goldfish.

hoody1.jpg

hoody2.jpg

hoody3.jpg

I think it is a comet. It only has a single tail, doesn't it? How big is the fish and do you have any idea how old it is? I have a fantail that has a little cap like that and I have seen photos of comeys with a cap like that too. I guess it was from this that the wens were developed.

Nice looking fish BTW.

MCT

It only has a single tail, doesn't it? How big is the fish and do you have any idea how old it is?

MCT

Yes she only has a single tail....and guess somewhere near 2 years old?

She was a tiny little orange midget when we found her/him.

The 2 remaining goldfish are doing well in the tank....eating and swimming more....so thats got to be a good sign, not sure what went wrong in the pond, making 3 other fish die?

Only a single tail...then I agree with mustcooktea...comet.

Yah...so that's what a comet looks like...been looking on the net to try to see the difference in a comet and a common goldfish.

But, now that I see yours...I see the difference in his/her tail compared to my Sam's which I believe is a common goldfish, especially after seeing yours!

He/she is a beautiful fishie :P