jags

monaro1

Hard to say, but they should be all right as long as there isn't a female to fight over, and as long as they have enough territory of their own.

My jags live with an oscar, 2 convicts, a redhead, a flowerhorn, a pleco and a large leporanos - and they are all fine. I don't feed live food either, which helps a lot!

I don't know about a 4 foot tank, depends how many litres it holds and how big your jags are. My tank is only 4 foot, but then it is deep and wide as well.

Will be interested to knowhow you get on. I just love my jags! :lol:

:-? :o:):D:P

thanks for your help ,i didnt have to worry about anything,what i thought for all these years was male turns out to be a lady that my new big male finds very good looking, i have never seen two fish so happy to see each other.very violent to watch ,both are very big fish,amazing to see the showing off and the rubbing ,shaking then like kissing then BANG one of them bites the other on the head and holds on for about 10 sec, lock jaws a couple of times then back to the lovey dovey stuff,

great to watch

would post photo if i knew how

:-? :o:):D:P

thanks for your help ,i didnt have to worry about anything,what i thought for all these years was male turns out to be a lady that my new big male finds very good looking, i have never seen two fish so happy to see each other.very violent to watch ,both are very big fish,amazing to see the showing off and the rubbing ,shaking then like kissing then BANG one of them bites the other on the head and holds on for about 10 sec, lock jaws a couple of times then back to the lovey dovey stuff,

great to watch

would post photo if i knew how

Hi Monaro,

Keen to know how they're getting along as well -

As for inserting a picture, you need to upload it to a website like PhotoBucket and copy the images URL and put it between the and and it should work just fine. You can test this by clicking on "preview" next to the "submit" button.... just be sure and submit it after you preview it ;) Good luck and let us know how it goes.

no i had to split them up,no damage to anyone but the bigger one just wont stop pushing the other around,he was not a happy fish after 24 hrs.he's only happy when he has someone to push around.i'm getting a female off KM tomorrow to put with the big fella,so i hope that thay get on better,male and female should get on well.(fingers crossed)

:hail::hail: sorry ,i didn't change what i said in a previous comment when i said that i thought thay were male and female.

:-? thay were what i thought in the first place,both male.so he went back to his own home today.

:x if i could work out this photo thing

:o i would show you the difference in colour. what a difference

• 2 weeks later...

We had a breeding pair of jags ... male about 18 in ... female 16 in ( from memory) ... they spawned about six times in a large volume 4 ft ( x2ft x2ft) . :D .. after that the male decided to imitate a descaler and beat the sh*t out of the female :-? ... once removed the female recovered and we sold them seperately :( .... after thinking about the situation think that the tank was waaaaaaaaaaaay too small... and like married couples :wink: needed their own space.. :lol: 8)