MY RAMS BRED !!!

SAFFABOY

Well i wouldnt have believed it myself if i didnt watch them laying.

He's my story.

Yesterday on the way home i got lost ,coming back from Bunnings...as you do...and HAPPENED to drive by one of my favourite Fish stores.

So i popped in JUST to look.

Well i ended up leaving with a real gem ,in the form of a female blue ram.

I plopped her in my tank.Well,that's when all the chasing started with my Male long finned blue ram.

I think at first it was a bit of a territory chase.I was worried for her so i put him in solitary confinement ,inside a net in the same tank.

The funny thing is the female kept on visiting the male and flarring her gills at him,and visa versa.

I then let him out 4 hours later.NO CHASING.GREAT!

Well they literally went straight behind some grass in the tank and started cleaning a pit!

No less than 2 hours later i'm watching eggs being laid !!!

SO STOKED!

I woke up this morning to find the male defending the eggs against all odds.The female has been booted out of the pit and is chased away when she ventures to close.She's a lot smaller than him.I think it was her first spawn.Eggs in a patch about the size of a thumb nail.

So now that i have eggs,does anyone with previous knowledge of breeding these guys ,have any knowledge to pass on.

Should i get a really fine net and move the eggs into there,with an airstone-keeping the net in the same tank? Or leave them with the male and see what happens. :D

Well done :hail: , just last week we lost a whole lot of week old free swimming blue rams, they where way too small for microworms and bbs, i was using liquafry, but i dont think they where getting it (in the back of a planted tank). Im just waiting for her to fatten up and lay again and we will try a few things diffrent. Ive just discovered i have a whole lot of cockatoo eggs to deal with as well. Once again well done and i hope you have more luck than we did :roll:

I have three males and one female. She "couples" up with whoever the most dominant male is for the day (of the two large males) and hasn't shown any signs of spawning yet. Should I take out the other two males and leave just a couple together? Perhaps get more females?