Photo of your discus

Discusguru

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is a red mellon

and the second one is a pidgeon.

I also have a blue dimond and a roseX turq ( all from Pupuke Aquarium).

My tank is a 4 footer and i realy love the size. Since its 2 foot deep i ahve to use a stool to reach the bottom and i still cant reach the bottom at the back lol.

Sounds great jolliolli, any pics of your discus? :)

I think there are some floating around on another thread but here they are again. Once i find a suitable tank i'd like to get possibly a red melon, maybe a leopard but there aren't many discus breeders here in chch :(, and my boys need some girls!

discus07072.jpg

discus07073.jpg

discus0707.jpg

Beautiful tank Bli! I think that would have to be one of the best I've seen on this site, you should be proud. I love that last pic.

Also, notorious I never thought of having clear pots for plants, I always went with terracotta, I must say it looks cool.

Thanks for the kind words Antwan. It took a while but I finally got the setup looking they way I wanted. I have to move in a couple of weeks so will be a good chance to redecorate the tank. Might completely change out the gravel and put in that undergravel heater which I have had sitting around for the past 6 months. Also might chance from the Silica sand to a darker substrate.

Thanks Candy yes that's a leopard from no other than Discusguru himself :) Hopefully as it grows it will become more spotted.

The one in the middle was sold as a wild from Tauranga but I'm not so sure. I got it for $75 (instead of $175) sick, small, white slime on the side, stringy faeces but I managed to bring him back to life...a year later doing well!

Notorious loving your leopards mate looking great. Spotted fish are so sweet.

nice leopard mate, are they new ones?

ron

nah ron 2 are from u a while ago and 1 i brought a couple of months back and the other was given to me. Was pretty skinny and dark when i got it came from a 2 foot tank with guppies now its starting to grow and colour up.

Luke thanks for the compliments u have stunning looking discus too :D