Siamese female with swollen gills? (pics)

Loopy

i don't really know. i was told by another fish friend that augmentin is a "better" antibiotic than amoxycillian and also the tablets/capsules are more easy to control the dose and also it would be good to try mixing with food. but that is about all i can really remember being told.

i am still using the amoxycillian but it is liquid form.

As much as i am stoked that she is still alive i wish she would come right. at times i look at her and feel really mean for leaving her like that but then i think that if she was really miserable she wouldn't be eatting and pouncing and acting like all my other girls who are 'fit as fiddles'.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i made a rather difficult decision to put down the wee siamese girl. I hated to do it as she had survived so well and for over a month the way she was but she showed no sign what so ever of recovering. i had no idea if what she had was contagious so i didn't want to put her back with anyone else and she was just taking up time, space, medication, etc.