Deev's tank update

deeveus

I think the cray's have grown in size since I got them. Pic also below is of a poor cat eye that has a mussel and an anenome on it lol, must be heavy for it :) Protein skimmer is workin overtime whenever I feed the crays and anenomie's mussels for some reason. Tank overall is good and crays are in excellent nick from what I can see. They love their food!!!

img07584bn.jpg

img07593nz.jpg

img07609vo.jpg

:)

Yeah, very very sticky indeed. I've woken up a few times now to see an empty crayfish skeleton floating on the surface with a very pale looking cray at the bottom. That anenomie came with the crays about the size of a 2 dollar coin, now its nearly the size of a twenty dollar note. Does anyone have a name for him?

The big dude is more than ready to eat now. But he's stayin alive lol. I'd rather release it than eat it, although more than happy to eat one in a restuarant. I bet he would taste good too cause he's well fed with top quality food as a pose to the rubbish they would eat in the sea as they are scavengers by nature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey your tank looks great!! I'm just starting up and it looks exactly like what I want to go for! Where did you get your anemones? I'm guessin the beach, whats the best way to get them off rocks and settle them into the tank? What do you feed them? Do you find limited to species because of the crays? I'm going to get some but I know they're territorial and all, do they fight or eat other things in the aquarium?? Thanks

wicked!!!, yea that anem looks quite interesting,cool colour!!,i have a few in my tank,orange and white seem to be the best looking in mine to me...

keep those malts deeveus,dry them out and mount them,they look realy neat!!..i have done a couple and coated them in spray on clear gloss..

how often do yours shed?

Newt