kuhli loaches

ormali

Does anyone know anything about how to sex these fellas and breed them?

I have had two for about 3 months now and they never had much to do with each other all that time. They were the same size when I got them but now one is long and skinny and very dark and the other is short and fat and quite light.

In the last week or so they have started to be together alot. I came home tonight and they are cuddled up together under the fat one's favourite stones on teh side of the tank. They saw me looking and ignored me completely - the skinny one seemingly grooming the fat one with his bristly nose bit.

Are we having a love affair or have they finally just found each other in that 250 litres of water?

I would dearly love more of these little cuties so any ideas on breeding them would be much appreciated!

We have 10 kuhlis in a 200L tank that is heavily planted and has lots of hiding places. Some of our kuhlis get a pale greenish "sheen" to their tummys and look really fat and i alway just assume that they are the females. I think it makes sense if a female gets a green looking tummy and kuhlis apparently have green eggs??

Unfortunatly with a community tank, baby fish very rarely have a chance to survive long and they may be lucky if they even hatch!!