Tanks and Prices

PENEJANE

I am after a 3ft tank and was wondering what is a good price for them. I don't wabt to buy one and then find out that I have been ripped off.

How much could I expect from a glass place V's pet store V's second hand?

Any opinions would be appreciated :D

cheers

Really up to the glass-maker then. If you wanted a specific model (like the AR980 I just bought) then you could price-shop. Since it's just a tank it's up to the person that makes it. Here in the larger cities we have glaziers that make tanks from old office building windows and it saves a bit of money. No clue about Southland though....

My advice, check the yellow pages and call around to different glaziers. Just do some local price shopping, as it's very dependant on location and availability of materials. You could pay as much as $250 for a 90cm basic tank. Do you have any local fish shops around there? We have a few guys around here from the fish club that make their own tanks. Do you have a fish club or anyone like that around there?

Greg in Manukau does the same price, 1220 x 450 x 450 for $85, as per usuall i find this out after buying mine LOL although i had a tank with a broken bottom and lotsa fish in poly bins so needed one urgently. Might have time to ring around next time :lol: