Leopard Sword

jude

The Leopard Sword that Suphew gave me now has a stalk that reaches the surface with a baby sword growing on it. There are a few small roots but I don't know when I should remove it. I am really keen to grow another one so should I leave it until there are more/longer roots or does it eventually float off by itself, or what?

Cheers

Jude

Well done Jude,

if you have 6 to 7 leaflet and the root is about 2 - 3 inches long, you can cut the connecting stem.

plant root with your root fertilizer and it will do well. cut off the rest of the stem if you have clear all the node or it will dissolve in time.

you probably have a few nodes. each node may have some flowers and each nodes may produce one or two bunches.

All the best.

Thanks plantman

It has lots of leaves but hardly any root so far. I am a bit worried that it has less root than before - could those blasted ungrateful fish be nibbling at it? :lol: :lol:

There is another node about halfway up that seems to be growing leaves too - so maybe I will end up with several baby plants

Cheers

Jude