Hi guys, I think I have done it all wrong??

debs01

mustcooktea, question, of course....

Do you use frozen peas or canned peas? I guess it sounds like a silly question but I was thinking that the canned ones maybe too salty :oops:

Today, (still Sunday here) I'm doing the one day fast for both my tanks and tomorrow my Sam & Puff are getting peas for supper! Plus I am not going to feed them in morning either, I think pea day will be a "one" feeding day as well, sound reasonable?

Can you leave them whole, assuming I don't squish them trying to get them out of shell :roll:

I use frozen peas and just save a few when cooking them for us for tea. After I have had mine, I squeeze the remaining peas out of their skin then drop them in the tanks. Some go in whole and some are squashed, it doesn't matter. They are soft and will break up in the water anyway which is why you must be careful to see they all get eaten if you drop in several peas.

Hi and welcome Debs...looks like you got thrown in the deep end, but this lot here are so helpful. and Hi Caper...I haven't been on here much lately ....I am really impressed with all the advice you passed on to Debs.....can see you are a quick learner :)

Sounds like you have everything just about under control Debs.... partial (about a quater) water changes once a week should keep your fishies is clean water. I am stressing much less about the test kits now (used to test the water every day!) and just going through the motions of regular tank maintenance. (i.e. water changes). Don't clean out your filter when you change your water as this is where all the beneficial stuff grows and thrives and helps balance out your tank. I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun looking after your new friends.

Polystyrene is often used for packaging. I got given some from a hardware shop...but places like Bunnings Warehouse have it for sale if you can't find any throw-away stuff.