Advice wanted - first marine tank

KM

Hi everyone.

Right, here is the deal. I am moving into my new home this weekend (first home actually!), and I'm now at the stage where I would like to try my hand at my first ever marine tank.

I have been keeping cichlids (discus and large s.american fish) for over 5 years now. I have a lovely square tank, just over 200litres, and I want to turn this into a very simple marine tank, and I really want to start with a maroon clown.

Could some of you with with lots of marine experience please give me advice on what I need (easy fish, equipment and so on)

Now, I'm not a technical guru, so just go easy on me!! :lol: I will need to be running this tank with an external canister filter, so go ahead, tell me what I need to do next.....

I would sugest posting this in the saltwater section, you will probably get a lot more replys through there.

Most marine tanks have sumps I am assuming you don't want to do this (it requires plumbing drilling of glass etc etc).

My first bit advice would be to do alot of reading. Just like freshwater you will save ALOT by doing things right in the first place.

are you wanting a fish only tank (FO) a fish only with live rock (FOWLR) or reef tank?