Tank at the moment with additions.

deeveus

Crays are in the tank, and so far I have noticed a huge amount of activity more so with the lighting system off. However, talking with my supplyer on the phone says that if you feed them at the right time, the will however change their cycle's to suit as they are deemed scavangers.

Pics are all taken at the same time which shows both crays and the coral after 11 hours of being put in the tank.

img06333mc.jpg

img06354cz.jpg

img06362pt.jpg

Will be more updates as I add to the tank.

Uh...deeveus...the pic that you've called "feeding"...could you explain what's being seen there.

Is that an anemone (sorry if spelled wrong)? Is that is what's being eaten? What do cray eat? The round flat objects...what are they?

:oops: just trying to understand :oops:

Uh...deeveus...the pic that you've called "feeding"...could you explain what's being seen there.

Is that an anemone (sorry if spelled wrong)? Is that is what's being eaten? What do cray eat? The round flat objects...what are they?

:oops: just trying to understand :oops:

The anemone is being fed a mussel. Over the past two days it was eaten 3. I have no idea what it is called, it was sent with my crays when I purhcased them. Round flat objects? I presume you mean greenshell mussels?

• 5 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see if the cray moults. Ours are moulting at the moment and generally with the full or new moon. If it does moult post it I would be interested to know if it does in a closed system like yours. Hows your ammonia and nitrites?