Neolamprologus brichardi

Faran

Yup, daffodils they are. Very similar to Brichardis. Chris told me about the wicked price when we saw a breeding pair he has in one of his many tanks and we went and got 3 of them.

Caserole - same as the GBAs, we'll swap if we need to make pairs later on, ya? Good on ya getting the last 7 :lol:

And it's notoriously more agressive than the average Brichardis. Seems to be confused quite often with the Brichardi, which gives them a bad name for being agressive. I have them in a tank with Discus (I know, odd place for them) and they seem to only bother each other and the B/Ns (fighting for caves). Anyways, they're in there and it'll be almost impossible to get them out without deconstructing the whole tank. Beautiful fish and as long as they stay away from the discus (which are about 20 times their size) I love em!

N. pulcher is a small cichlid (maximum size about 6 cm) which lives in small groups in the somewhat deeper rocky habitat. Most individuals were seen below 10 metres. Juveniles at Cap Tembwe, Zaire, have orange dorsal fins. Neolamprologus sp. "Daffodil" found at Kalambo, Tanzania/Zambia have similar gill-cover markings and yellow unpaired fins in juveniles as well as in adults. Because of the apparent importance of the pattern of the gill-cover markings I consider the Daffodil a geographical race of N. pulcher.

From Ad Konnings. Even though we all call them N.brichardi, they may get re classified.

http://www.cichlidae.com/article.php?id=35

All these guys(brichardis,cauds,pulchers...) can agro, if they pair up, they will beat up the discus. Bizarre mix too.

Frenchy :D