Advice on my 200L stocking idea

BGK2

Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion on my stocking idea for me 200L tank (120cm x 40cm x 40cm)

3 x Pearl Gourami's

6 x Julii Cory

3 x Bolivian Rams

4 x Ottos

20 x Rummy Nose Tetras

2 x Blue Rams

I have 2 canister filters running right now (Eheim professional & Fluval 406)

The tank will be lightly planted and i do 2x 25% water changes weekly.

Is my tank

Over Stocked?

Under Stocked?

Just Right?

Thanks

Sounds good. A good selection of bottom, middle and top feeders.

Remember blue rams need a mature tank (has run 6 months or longer) as well as lots of plants so make sure they are added well after the tank is established.

Why only lightly planted? As said, the blue rams like plants and the Bolivians like a densely planted aquarium. Ottos like to hide under leaves and need plenty of hiding places to feel secure.

I assume your gouramis will be 1M - 2F? More than 1 male will cause problems.

A large shoal of rummy noses looks great! Once the tank is set up and running, if all is well I would consider adding to their numbers. The more you have, the more colourful they get and exhibit more shoaling behaviour.

That is Caryl,

Yup my gouramis will be 1m to 2f ratio.

Was planning to have my tank with loads of rocks and some dwarf sags carpeting the ground + a few crypts.

I haven't had much luck growing plants that's why I was going to keep it lightly planted. The rocks should provide ample amount of hiding spots for my fish hopefully.

I want to add more rummy nose too... but was worried I might be overstocked.

My main worry is adding the blue rams... I read everywhere they are very fragile fish so I'll be adding mine with care for sure.

My tank was originally a discus tank, but I sold them and kept the filter running for about 3 months (occasionally feeding some fish food to keep the tank cycled)

Only recently added 15 rummy nose and 6 cories.

Think there was a mini cycle, but everything seems fine now. Tested my water parameters yesterday and I'll say I'm ready for more rummies and my gouramis.

Was thinking adding the rams in about 2months time.

Thanks