An Empty Tank Is Just Not On

Travis & Vicki

i have an empty tank in the house, it is cycled, the guppys were in it till i moved them into the 1200-450-450, which they are making a good job of filling.

its only a tiny tank, the one that was next to the computer, but i would like something unusual in there, it just dosnt look right empty.

all suggestions will be greatfully appreciated :hail::hail::bow::bow:

Well...I don't know about unusual....I only know the basics. But the one tank i am really looking forward to setting up is going to be a themed tank colour wise. i am having a blue tank with all my favourite fish in it....i have dark stones ready for it and am looking forward to blue dwarf gouramis a bluey-purple fighter perhaps some neons a blue guppy with some girlfriends to keep him happy and possibly the rams (although i may have a special tank for them...haven't decided yet.)

I am trying for a totally different look in each tank i have. I am not fussed on the backgrounds you can buy in the pet shops...look a bit garish to me so may look for some wrapping paper in pretty colours. I dont want the background to overwhelm the fish but rather be a backdrop to highlight the fish.....i think the background will either be blue or pinkie/mauve...slightly richer than pastels maybe with a self swirl/marble like effect? dont know...if i don't like it i can always change it.

Another idea...although not different would look nice...is just neons. I saw a fabulous tank in critter kingdom in Christchurch a few days ago with nothing but male guppies or every colour you could imagine...and that was absolutely gorgeous! (I am definitely going back for more of them once my tanks settle).

I also am very fond of the corys..... for ugly-ish looking things they sure are cute! and there is constant action in a tank with cory's in. such busy wee things and such fun to watch.

Please let us know what you decide on...and some pics would be great! :D

If it's a tiny tank, you could think about putting bumblee gobies in there? They're only tiny little fish, and they do best in a species tank, as I've been told they're poisonous for other fish to eat! Google them, they're very cute!!!