Solar hot water controller

chris b

Hi,

I use a STC-1000 to controll the temp in my fish room. Switches on the heater when temp drops below 23C and stops the heater when reaches 25C. On the other hand switches on the heat exchanger and extractor fan when temp gets over 27C and turn it off again when down to 25C.

For your pond you will either need a TC33-8022 to monitor the temp of the pond and the collector at the same time and turn the pump on when pond is below 25C and solar collector is over 25C at the same time + turn pump off once pond reaches boiling point :) Or you could wire up 2x STC-1000 to do the same job. I'm not going into the wiring details since I'm not a qualified electrician but it's not that hard ...

In general, you might need a big area for your collector to bring the pool up in temperatur. 1 square meter can create in theory 1kw of energy per hour. To heat up one ltr of water for one C you need 0,00116111 kWh. Means for a pond  - with let's say - 10,000 ltr to bring it up one C you need 11.6kWh. Means 11.6 sqare meter collector and one hour of sun light or 5.8 m2 and two hours of sun light, ... And that is only to rise the temp for 1C.

Cheers,
JaSa

Edited by JaSa