Tbars (Sajicas)

TbarTerror

Hi just wondering has anyone out there successfully kept a group of tbar cichlids together? I have just recently purchased 7 2.5-3cm juvies that I have put in my 600 litre hoping to get a pair out of them. So far they all kind of look male. Once they grow bigger I may not be able to keep them all because of tank space and two other CA cichlids and plecos I have in there also. If I don't get a pair I wanted to know whether I would get away with keeping two-four males together or will their aggression towards each other be to much? At the moment as young fish they are all good a few tussels here and there nothing major but I am expecting this to change at some stage. I owned a female in the past she was pretty staunch I bought her in a group of four she was the biggest and seem to slowly wipe the others out so part of me wonders if a group can actually be done. Any Thoughts and experiences much appreciated.

I've found them to be pretty belligerent as pairs, but placid when I had three males in the same tank (similar size to yours). Not sure if it was tank size or lack of breeding stress, but the bachelor boys grew faster and bigger than the one that got paired up, the biggest one topped out at just under 6".

sajica1.jpg

Oh wow he's gorgeous. Thanks for everyone's feedback its all welcomed knowledge. If I do happen to get a pair I have a 150 litre ready and waiting for them. Stoked to hear I can keep a couple males together at the moment the 600litre is decked out with driftwood with some having java fern and anubias attached at the moment plenty of territory to be claimed but will have to rearrange things as they get older. I may just keep two males in there as my other two cichlids will also start taking up a bit of space as will the pleco . They are a redhead and a Cuban but they are pretty behaved but do think I might be over doing it with 4 cichlids and two plecos in this size tank.?