Tropheus Aggression

pom-in-nz

Trophs are better kept in groups of 10 or more. I have heard of people keeping them as a single fish in mixed tanks but have never tried. It's one of those you won't know tilll you try situations. Make sure you are feeding appropriate food for the troph such as NLS.

I keep a single pair of Tropheus moorii firefoxes with a group of Malawians with no issues. I also have a few spare male firefoxes residing in various tanks 1200.600.300.

I have never kept dubs so cant comment on them. If you want to try a firefox I have youngsters coming up.

usually they are aggro to their own kind (con specific aggressive) and generally leave other species alone as long as they have their own kind to chase/dominate. they do chase other species but never seem to actually go through with fighting and causing damage.

Personally, with my experience if i wanted to keep one with those fish i'd give it a go and see how it went. The moorri, like pemba have the down facing mouth and i've noticed they don't do any where near as much damage as duboisi which have the forward facing mouth so when my pemba are fighting limited damage is caused.

• 11 months later...