turtle sun rock

dilutenz

Hi, any of you that have any idea of how to build a turtle rock for a heavy turtle.

She weighs a bit too much for one of those floating things.

At present I have a large plastic container with a flat rock on top of it and small rocks built like a stair case to get up.

I have hidden the internal filter in the plastic container so she can't reach it and play with it. The plastic container has heaps of holes in it so the water can circulate.

It is a pain to take all out when cleaning the tank and I have been thinking of building something more permanent just to lift in and out.

It has to be material that looks natural and it is to be a platform with a slope and legs to keep it standing up.Like a barstool with sloope so she can crawl/swim up.

Can I find schist somewhere? (spelling of schist?)

build a permanent staircase and use glas glue.

If I can glas glue it together then I do not need the staircase to go all the way to the bottom of the tank and it can just hang from the sun rock top.

Any ideas??

I made a basking rock tower for my turtle. It takes a little time as it is hard to get rocks that sit on top of each other well. I used alot of silicon and had small rocks to fill gaps start with a nice big rock for the basee. Schist is available from most land scaping stores