fish sitting a zebra pleco

kim

yes it is so lovely,

they are not that hard to breed its a matter of getting my hands on another one that will be the hard thing, the owner of the zebra said if i find a partner he is more than happy to lend it out to breed as its sad to think nz wont get any more of these magical fish :cry:

I rung a while ago and they rung the importers that said they couldn't get them any more, I read an article on the internet that they are hard to get hold of now as they built a damn or somthing in the area they were in and their diet was unique or somthing

12 isn't that many I think there would easily be 12 on here that were interested in at least one

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am amazed - i have just put a post about breeding corys and zebra plecs then i came across this thread.

These wonderful plecs are available in the UK at between £25-40. This is the equivalent of $65 - $100. How much are they here? Are they on the Import list? If so - I wonder what the score would be about getting some sent over? Is that possible?

cheers

I would LOVE to breed these cuties !

Hi,

The price of Zebra's has gone up by a huge amount all over the world in the last year or so. The price in the UK is now up around £120-180+ from what I have read.

The price here (if you can even find them, I have never even seen one) would probably be $300-600+ each! And no they are not on any of the import lists. You would have to get the shops to ask the importers about it, but it has been tried before, with little result.

Cheers, CatBrat.

Tell me about it. I was offered (through a friend who shall remain nameless) 4 of them for about $200 each just a couple of years ago, but due to him not checking his PM box (not on this site) for about 6 months I miss out, lol. Oh well, it happens i guess.

Cheers, CatBrat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...