New Ideas/Ways of removing scratches

newaqua

Hey guys.

It has been mentioned before, but I am wondering if anyone has come across a new way/idea for getting rid of scratches on the water side of the glass.

I have a 200L tank here with course sand in it, which over the last 5 years has become scratched quite a bit.

You can buy quite expensive glass polishing creams but it all depends on how fine and deep your scratches are.

If you want to have a go at a small spot, you can use toothpaste to polish as it is fairly close to the polishing creams in effectiveness.

Big scratches are very hard, small fine scratches (ie from sand) shouldn't be very difficult. Have a go with toothpaste.

You can buy quite expensive glass polishing creams but it all depends on how fine and deep your scratches are.

Which, to do it right, requires disassembling the tank and spending ages with an orbital sander or similar. Or just get a new piece of glass cut and reassemble.

My suggestion would be to upgrade to an even bigger tank and use the scratched tank as a sump.