sunsun 404B uv canister

binu

I don't have one of these but I do have a sun sun. Its very reliable, easy to start up and I would buy another one if I needed a filter.

One thing which I have recently learnt is that UV sterilisers work better when the water moves through the sleeve slowly. Too fast and its not nearly as effective. I also learnt that at least 24watts of UV is the minimum amount required to be an actual steriliser.

We have a 302 and find it quite good and quiet. A bit of a pain to restart compared to Eheim but a good filter for a fraction of the price.

My readings around UV filters agreed with what Adrienne said, also UV will pretty much only kill green water and not much else.

Hey, I've go one of these 404b models. Super quiet, I don't know the state pump volume is right when full of media, but, it still has done a fine job keeping water clear and in check. Easy to start up, attachments are fairly brittle plastic but fine if you handle with care. I've got my stuff with sponges and bio media including purigen, given my discus have taken to spawning on a regular basis I'd guess the fish are happy to. Certainly recommend. A couple of good sellers on trademe, very fast delivery as well, a1trader or pump-planet, both good to deal with.