Does anyone know of the trademe name "gigibaba"

flymike

I'm trying to track down the source of some red Alunocara peacocks I've acquired recently, :fshi:

Apparently the parents came via trademe from someone with the handle "gigibaba", from west Auckland (possibly back of Henderson?).

But of course, I cannot find any trace of anyone by that name or any of its variances, or the trade.

Apparently this guy had "lots of good quality cichlids".

Just trying to track abit of history for my own piece of mind.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Would a large proportion of the fish he sold not still be strain specific if there were boys and girls of the same species?

Sorry to hijack this thread. I always see people talking about the species only setup being the only way forward.

I would have thought fish species that live in highly populated area would have a counter measure of sorts.

Would a large proportion of the fish he sold not still be strain specific if there were boys and girls of the same species?

Sorry to hijack this thread. I always see people talking about the species only setup being the only way forward.

I would have thought fish species that live in highly populated area would have a counter measure of sorts.

For me, if you are breeding in mixed highly populated tanks you can't really say with 100% confidence that your fry are pure. I get where you are coming from that with large mixed breeding groups you would think they would keep to themselves but can you be 100% certain they havent crossed. Especially if you have a mix of different peacock breeding groups.

Then if these fry are on sold as pure........

For me, if you are breeding in mixed highly populated tanks you can't really say with 100% confidence that your fry are pure. I get where you are coming from that with large mixed breeding groups you would think they would keep to themselves but can you be 100% certain they havent crossed. Especially if you have a mix of different peacock breeding groups.

Then if these fry are on sold as pure........

Good call. In my 8 footer full with probably 30 odd electric yellows and a mix of a few other things with large amounts of "pure" strains I have seen many a time breeding with each other. This is why I only take fry out of tanks that are species only. The rest are food:) Would not have believed it without seeing for myself.