Congo tank? Stocking advice.

Amelia

I am thinking of using my spare Juwel Rekord 800 (110l and 80 x 35 cm footprint) for a Congo River tank, but I'm not sure if it's large enough.

Was thinking of a small group or pair of Kribensis, 4 or so upsidedown catfish, 6 Congo Tetras and possibly if space allows a Pantodon Butterfly fish. The only thing I am ot sure about is if this tank is okay for the tetras?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. :)

Hmm - unless it's nice and long I'd be concerned about both the cats (perhaps 6 cats rather than 4?) and congos - the catfish can get to a pretty good size so it might be busy with them /and/ the congos. I found our Pantodon way too shy and got really stressed with any other busy fish so the congos might be too busy for one (ours disappeared one day - couldn't find his body outside of the tank so we assume stress was the cause of death and dead fish don't last long in our tank).

I know its not something to base a tank off of but I ran everything through AqAdvisor and I came up at like 90% stocking (without the Butterfly fish) and it didn't throw up any warnings except that kribensis are aggressive when breeding. Usually it says my tanks are like 140% stocked lol!!

Perhaps there is some other species of african catfish that with work instead of upside downs? Otherwise I am open to the idea of some other African themed stocking. I love the idea of a Species-Only tank with a colony of some type of rift lake cichlid but not having much luck finding out what... Someone said a colony of Yellow Labs may work. Or else there is Neolamprologus leleupi if I can get my hands on some for not too expensive... I do REALLY like the congo river idea though but it may have to wait until I have a bigger tank spare...