Looking for!!!

Mollymate

Thanks for that. I don't know if he is a King crown what would I look for. He certainly is much nicer than he was when I brought him has perked up heaps...seemed really depressed , felt sorry for him and brought him, softee eh. But really like him now. My worry is that I don't know if he is imported and have heard that some imports won't breed, guess I won't know until I try, so he is being feed well at the mo.

I managed to get in touch with two guys from Chch. both had some girls so am looking forward to them arriving, fingers crossed.

Don't believe all you hear - if you fish is conditioned well there is no reason he won't breed. Often a male is purchased, taken home and placed right next to a female or in the same tank, and then is not interested. There is no more chance of an import not breeding than a NZ bred.

Your guy will be an import based on where you purchased him from. Have a read of this www.bcbetta.com, its excellent and if you follow the guidelines you should not have a problem. :)

:hail: It is soooo good that you are willing to do that..............big help to us new ones, you can read every site you can find but nothing like someone who has been there done that.

Still waiting for the ones from CHCH, they ar having a heat wave and don't want to send them until it breaks which is fair enough, but doesn't help when you can't wait to get started, was tempted to give him one of the girls but then I have to be careful about SPACE. Damn it, and when they do get here will have to give them time to acclimatise and get over the trip.

I was looking at my babies from the HM X mating. Now that I can actually see them some of them have what looks like a white shield on the top of their heads. (Just a guess but is tht the dragon scales??) Just my luck they probably have some sort of disease. :yawnn: