adding leleupi

nudge

Just got hold of some leleupi fry around 3cm, do you think they will be ok in my tank of duboisi (8cm) and 5 calvus (5cm) or do you think they are still to small I think the bigger fish might struggle to get them in their mouths but I could be wrong

Hey mate,

Even though they might not get eaten right away, smaller slow moving cavers will struggle to get food especially with fast feeding trophs. You would get far better results fast growing them in a spare tank for a few months and then introducing them.

I'm looking to increase my leleupi gene pool. You got the hook up?

there should always be a little more food than they need in a few minutes so they should get plenty. the NLS floats around for a while to so i can't see how they will miss out. my shellies never miss out and they are a lot slower than all their tank mates. I also have about 8 troph juvies around 3cm in the main tank and they don't starve either.

Hmmmmmmmm. I have spare tank I could put them in just havent had a chance to set it up yet. Think I will put them in a breeding net in the main tank and have a look at them in the main tank to compare size. Thinking I might err on the side of caution and get the other tank runnin they should be ok in the net for a day or so. Cheers for your input guys

i only feed 1mm NLS to trophs 1.5cm to 12cm. the pembas have a much smaller mouth than duboisi and leleupi and they don't have any issues eating it. they may not eat a whole pallet but they still eat it in bites.

A good food to feed is JBL Novorift, it's a much larger pallet/stick but softens as it soaks up the water so gives them all something to graze on. I feed my tank about 1.5 teaspoons of NLS and JBL twice a day.