Fish food off?

aaron11

How long does fish food last

I was given a big bread bag full and put it in the freezer

Omg i put it in containers I didnt realise one of them really stunk so I threw that out

The other cointainer of it smells ok

It was in the freezer for a year, it still looks fresh and when you crush it its ok

Is it ok to use???

If not ill throw it all and get some new stuff

Ideas plz :bggrn:

I was told that fish food starts losing nutritional value once the packet has been opened to air so you are better buying smaller containers that you would use within 3 months.

Was the food in its original container or had it been a larger one split into bags? If repackaged, I think it is safe to use (unless it smells odd) but may not not nutritionally as satisfactory.

If you are breeding fish or raising young ones I suggest you use fresher food.

My goldfish are eating from a container I was using last year but they are in a pond and getting live foods as well.

Of course, what I was told may be total rubbish but it makes sense to me :dunno:

I was told that fish food starts losing nutritional value once the packet has been opened to air so you are better buying smaller containers that you would use within 3 months.

Was the food in its original container or had it been a larger one split into bags? If repackaged, I think it is safe to use (unless it smells odd) but may not not nutritionally as satisfactory.

If you are breeding fish or raising young ones I suggest you use fresher food.

My goldfish are eating from a container I was using last year but they are in a pond and getting live foods as well.

Of course, what I was told may be total rubbish but it makes sense to me :dunno:

Hi thank you mate !!!

I will throw out what I have and buy some more this week

I found some other bottom feeder stuff too but thats a few years old I had a big lot of it

I will go back to buying small ones at least if you buy a few small containers you can open them when the other one is done and it will still be fresh aye

and no the food was in freezer bags