Catch a Shark By the Tail !

BikBok

hehe

This Blue Shark stole our sinkers so we were trying to get the lines out of his mouth - couldn't get close enough though . So we tried to catch him by the tail!

This is the 2nd attempt! On the first attempt (i didn't video in time) we almost got the thing right up on the boat but he was heavier than expected.

Earlier, my son had a 10 minute battle bringing him up on the line and he jumped off the gaffer hook at the end.

He didn't take off though, stayed around long enough for us all to have a pat. But more sharks turned up and so the fish disappeared and we moved on.

What an awesome day fishing we had though, snapper for dinner!

scariest waves I've ever experienced getting past the Manukau Bar out west auckland.

CLICK the FIRST image to PLAY VIDEO

th_SharkTailclip.jpg

and our snapper takings:

Fishingdec220141.jpg

you can just make out one of the sinkers dangling below his right fin.

Fishingdec22014SHARK.jpg

we were fishing on the west coat (Auckland) . went out past the Manukau Bar - that's lots of fun in itself but not for the weak stomached!

Was the biggest waves I've experienced . wow. Sitting in the back boat looking UP at the waves isn't something you do everyday.