feedng locusts

dragonz1833

you in akld?should not be too hard to find a patch of kykuia(sp?)they do well on that stuff but just make sure you have a safe site to gather it from,even traces of herbicide/insecticide may not kill your breeders but will play merry hell with their fertility.gather in bunches which can be held together with a rubberband and stood in a jar of water to keep fresh,they mow it down and you chuck it out and replace with a fresh one.Take care of yourselves with regards to your breathing and lungs.They geneate alot of dust ,skin fragments etc that are often responsible for severe allergic reactions in some people.i had to give up on them as it was like having the flu permanently,got scabs up my nose that would not heal.Get a good dust mask or respirator.

I give them as much bran/oat mix as they want, and fresh grass every day.

You can keep the grass from going dry by putting them in a jar with water in the bottom. Makes the grass last significantly longer.

I do that also with my grass also, keep it in water just gotta watch your locusts can't fall in and drown.