need help from discus people plss!!!

binu

found out my discus pair laid egg on filter inlet pipe ..i switched off the filter !!

its a 215 litr community tank ..i got tetras , neons fighters angels , danios blah blah all in this tank ..

my question is should i seperate the egg in the tank ?? will they survive from the other fish ??

Good morning Binu,

Good work on providing a healthy environment.

I would look at turning on the filter. Water Quality is top priority. Living Discus will lay again. Dead discus lay no eggs.

Just let them do their thing. See what type of parents they are. Chances are slim fry will survive.

The success is that you know you have a pair that can be setup in a breeding tank where you can control the environment I'd that is what you intend. Id be keen on some youngsters when you get there. You have some nice looking discus.

Good luck Greg

thnk u greg for the reply ...n im sure poret helped to keep a good water quality to provide them a good time :)

i av 2 filter running thats why i switched off one !! and i can see the eggs r moving at the moment .. :)

sad thing is i dont av extra space to breed them properly