Is this one allowed

Alan

The reason I put this query into this thread was that I have recently been sent a list of killies to be considerd by the NZKA for importation.

As it is in the poecilia family, maybe it could come in as poecilia spp.??

Dreaming??

Also, maybe the livebearer group would like to be the "importers" of this spp.. No idea of theprice yet either.

Never seen in NZ before, but if you do you'll need to bring in approx 100.

Alan 104

While it is a member of the Poeciliidae family - it's never (according to fishbase.org) been listed in the Poecilia genus.

Gambusia are also members of the Poeciliidae family - I sincerely hope they aren't able to be imported in under the generic Poecilia sp.

• 2 weeks later...
The reason I put this query into this thread was that I have recently been sent a list of killies to be considerd by the NZKA for importation.

As it is in the poecilia family, maybe it could come in as poecilia spp.??

Dreaming??

Also, maybe the livebearer group would like to be the "importers" of this spp.. No idea of theprice yet either.

Never seen in NZ before, but if you do you'll need to bring in approx 100.

Alan 104

Alan you will find that some importers have lists that vary slightly (they may have applyed to certian people for fish to be put on the list!!!!)

This is a fact..

Send the names of the fish any way.. you may be lucky

For any "new" organism to be imported into the country they need to go through the hazno act and be passed by erma.

Any species that has or is in the country are not classed as a new organism (it needs to be officially documented) and if it is on the approved list can be imported, if it is not on the list it needs to have an exemption from MAF and in most cases DOC, if it is passed then in they come.