Want to drill holes in my Tank. Do_not_want a disaster

LoveArowanas

Hey all

BRAG: IM GETTING A KITTY YAAAAAAAAAY

BEAT: Its an expensive kitty, shes not here yet but I :love: her already, and I live on a busy road. So Im keeping her indoors except for guided walks, but as shes a smart active cat I want her to enjoy my tank as much as possible. So I came up the idea of building a ramp type structure around the whole tank and she can wander pursue and gawk as she pleases

ANOTHER BEAT: Im no handyman, so Im unsure how to go about this. Sure I can purchase the wood and cut it into lengths easy enough. But how to attach the ramps to the tank? With screws/latches? Sure? Even I could do that?

But then I started to fret. What if my drilling of holes upsets the structure holding all that water in place? I could email JEWEL. But Im pretty sure Id get some stuffy reply about never messing with their steez. :sage:

Heres a pic of me pointing to the spot where I figured Id drill a few holes to attach my latchs/hinges to attach the wood/ramp

7eh8.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yous handy peeps think this will be ok? Anyone got a better idea how to go about this (that a dweeb could pull off)

tx a lot!

Cool, what sort of cat is it?

I would put a table/bench next to the tank at the right height, that is all I have, and my cat used to enjoy sitting on that and watching my fish.

(doesn't any more because I left the lid off the top, and he jumped up to sit on the warm light, then landed in the water. He has never been near the tank since.)