Online tank checker

fychan

While doing my water tests today, I had a thought.

Does anyone know of a resource where you can plug in your tank's readings, and your tank's livestock, and have it tell you if your parameters are correct?

When starting my tank back in the UK I toyed with the idea of starting a "tank stocking" program where you could say what stock you have, how big your tank is etc and it would say what would make good playmates - kind of a beginnners friend. This seems like a natural extension of it.

If there's one already out there, I'll probably just use theirs - if there isn't, does anyone else think it'd be a useful resource or a waste of time?

Cheers for advice :)

I feel like there's too many variables to map out for those things. In any marine tank I kept I'd be trying to keep the water quality high and stable regardless of stock. Some stock obviously allow for a bit more lenience than others but yeah..

Thanks GL - I'll have a Google & see what I can dig out.

And Ethanyo - I know it's complicated - but there are basic things like knowing what SG corals prefer compared to fish, or temperature ranges, or pH levels... Or even which fish are going to be happy cellmates, or how many fish of which type will coexist happily in a tank of X many litres.

While I'm measuring dKH and it looks like it's within the right range, knowing that fish A prefers a dKH range of 8-10 and fish B prefers 9-12 would allow me to know that a dKH reading of 9 or 10 is good. Top level stuff.

But that's fine. Looks like what I want may be fairly unique to me, so I'll develop it locally rather than online. :)