Question about inline heater

DennisP

I'm looking at buying this:

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/hydor-e ... 20e8de72cd

I have the option between that (12mm) and a 16mm one. My filter is an eheim classic 2213 with 12/16mm tubing.

That confuses me. Which size should I go for?

Also, its for me 60ish litre tank, so the heater is well over rated in terms of wattage. For a normal in tank heater I realize this doesn't really matter, however is there something I should think about before getting this? Maybe smaller tank/filter = less flow = over heating heater?

I'm just double checking with people who have a little more experience when it comes to things like this. I was going to buy this a few months ago, but never got around to it - but now I will.

Thanks,

Dennis

Should be the 12mm, I believe. It would go by the inner diameter of the tubing.

And I wouldn't worry about the heater overheating unless you only have a trickle of water flowing through it, and in that case it should decide the water is warm enough and switch off.

If you go to their website you will see it lists the hose dimension as Int. Hose so yes, it's the internal dimension.

You should PM Camtang as he was trying to sell one he bought but never used, I think it's that size too. It'll save you a ton of money.