Kribensis - what can I put with them??

tacklepro

Hi people

I am fairly new to this fishkeeping business and in particular, new to actually following it as a hobby rather than just throwing some fish into a tank.

I have a 160 litre tank which I have Kribensis in along with several other one off's - various species. Getting a bigger tank on the weekend so will be moving some of the inhabitants around a bit. Not sure whether to leave everything except the Kribensis as is and move them to the bigger tank to create a cichlid set up?? There are about 10 adult Krib's with some couples carefully parenting fairly new babies (dont know how old - about 10mm length) Total numbers around 30 I think. These are a recent aqcuisition and I am guessing my way in terms of care at this point so any helpful advice welcomed.

My real question is I would like to put these guys into a bigger tank with mix of other cichlids therefore, what species will be appropriate (ie: same origins and hopefully, not totally at war with one another) Some of the Krib's are quite large (70-80mm) so can I introduce other fish that are small as in what you buy at most lfs?

I am in Tauranga so limited to what fish are available locally as well but happy to look at shipping from elsewhere to get the right mix. I like the idea of a Malawi tank but will work with these Kribs now that I have them.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

You haven't mentioned how big the new tank is, but if it's not that big you could go with some other small dwarf cichlids like kribs. Otherwise most SA/CA cichlids should be fine. Severums would be good if it's a 300L or bigger tank. Of course plecs, bristlenoses etc will be fine. The big thing is having a lot of cover.

Thanks Ira

Sorry - should have said the new tank is a Jebo R390 so 200 litre so too small for severums. I would like to try and keep with fish from same origins if possible but Im thinking my choices might be too limited.

I will have a look at the various dwarf ones and see what is available, etc.

Cover by way or rocks, etc definitely part of the plan

Appreciate the response.