AR380 minifish project (photo heavy)

NoFishing

Hi Guys, here's a short photo essay of how my small tank has changed over the past few weeks....

stage1g.jpg

In the beginning.... there was plastic. Easy to keep clean, but rather boring too.

stage2i.jpg

Then came the fancy background. I stuck it on with some of that 'Sea View background gue'. Seems to work quite well actually.

stage3e.jpg

Getting serious now.... swapped out the boring grey gravel with some of that fancy black flourite stuff and at the same time removed all the silk plants and replaced with some off cuts from my other tank.

cpd2.jpg

Time for some new additions... Galaxy Rosbora (small platy were already there)

stage4h.jpg

The transformation is more or less complete now.

stage5n.jpg

6 weeks on and with a bit more growth. Will need to deal to that Indian fern soon.

Didn't like the stargrass either. Grows way too quick. Replaced with Dwarf Sag with the hope it will one day carpet most of the foreground. Maybe a long wait though.

Couldn't quite get it right trying to tie down the Java Fern with cotton so ended up pinning it. I think I'm onto something there. Much easier.

Currently dosing with 1.0ml Excel and 0.5ml Comprehensive daily. Also one root tab each for the Amazon Sword and the tiger lotus. Probably overkill but I had some spare.

The stock light the tank came with is on twice a day. 8:00am - 12:00pm and then again 5:00pm - 9:00pm. 8 hours total.

Current stock, 8 Ember Tetra, 8 Galaxy Rosboras, 2 Oto and 1 small gourami currently getting a bit of R+R from her sister for a few days. The platys and the fighter are elsewhere now.

More pictures of the little minifishes....

cpd4.jpg

cpd3.jpg

cpd1.jpg

cpdembers3.jpg

cpdembers4.jpg

oto2e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Decided to do a little vacuum with todays water change. I don't usually vacuum as there's never any dirt on the bottom. Anyway, I sucked up 3-4 little blobs of unknown origin from around behind the pants. Don't know what they were but looks like there's also about 3-4 fish missing. Coincidence.... I think not. :facepalm:

So now have removed the Indian Fern and moved the driftwood (with the Java Fern attached) further back against the back wall so the little fish can't hide around the back so much and I can keep a closer eye on them.

1vl7.jpg