How to introduce new fish

camtang

I am having an argument inside my head on how to introduce my Alto's and Leleupi and some smaller plecs into my Front tank. Normaly I would take everything out, rescape and add new fish. But when I do this the fish are normaly close to the same size. These fish are much smaller than the fronts so I am unsure of how to introduce them safely.

I guess I am asking should I introduce new fish when the tanks empty and all the fish are stressing due to the empty tank, or should I put them in when I rescape or dont rescape and put them in the way it is?

I am a bit confussed on this one purely because of the size diffrence in the fish

yeah. i regularly add juvies to the main tank, juvies might be 3cm and the adults are around 10cm. The juvies tend to hide a lot until they get bigger but as long as you have hiding places i think you'll be fine. In natural situations they have to stay safe from larger fish somehow.

Even with that type of size diffrence?

:gopo: don't really know much about African, but my rule of introduce new fish in tank is to

House out the weakest/ smallest cichlids first, let them be the owner of that tank..

Then after that new big bad cichlids is allow to be introduce into same tank..

Worst case if they fight each other all the time, then introduce more more fish in to spread out aggressiveness..

• 2 weeks later...

Update as of 3 min ago. I cant see two of the Calvus &c:ry and the other one is in the intake chamber.

Ohhh no, I may have messed up big time :an!gry

The stupid choc talker has been out an about today, so he may be the criminal.

Upside if there is one, I found a young dem in the intake chamber as well and a e yellow in the sump. No idea how long they have been there

hopefully they are around just hiding camtag, the altos are experts on that!!!

I expect/ hope that is the case, like I said I was looking last night, and couldnt see any and then looked again and found 2 so that is encouraging

chuck in some pvc tubes for them to hide in?

I could do if I had some left. But I do honestly think that there is enough gaps and grooves for them